3 day Introduction to DevSecOps - Remote Training - 7th -9th July 2020.
Introduction to DevSecOps
Security is a major concern in the DevOps world. As development teams are constantly pushed for greater innovation and the adoption of a fast-paced approach, a mountain of security challenges usually follows, with security teams struggling to keep up with testing.
Taking students through basic concepts such as the move from datacentres to cloud computing, source code versioning, containers, infrastructure as code and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, we introduce and practice the ways of developing code securely across the entire lifecycle.
Our instructors are experienced engineers, and they are your guide on the journey as you learn the fundamental principles and build the components of a secure application.
If you are looking to build upon your skills and understand about the core technology and principles that creates software in todays 'cloud first' applications, this course is for you.
This course is a mix of instructor led presentation along with practical labs to allow students to explore the concepts of behind developing code securely across the entire lifecycle.
Aimed at a technical audience and is suited to anyone who would like to gain an overview of the goals, processes and tools within a modern software development environment.
The course runs for three days, and during this time we will cover the following modules:
- The evolution of the datacentre, from on premises to cloud
- Understand the moving parts of an application
- Development, Operations and Security
- Source Code
- The OS Paradigm in real life
- Version Control
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery including Repeatable Infrastructure and Security/Monitoring
These are supported by the following labs which reinforce the module learning:
- Code - Version Control System (using Gitea)
- Code - Unit testing and coverage reports (using SonarQube)
- Code - Jenkins
- Operate - Terraform
- Operate - Ansible
- Monitor - Icinga and Graphite
- Deploy - Docker
- Management - Kubernetes
- Cloud - EC2
- Cloud - Lambda
ECS will provide a virtual machine image to use for the labs and will provision cloud services for students to connect to from their labs.
- Familiarity with core computing concepts such as internet technology and networking.
- Comfortable with using Linux or Unix, including the terminal
- Unfiltered internet access
- A laptop or computer capable of running VirtualBox (required for the Labs). See https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/End-user_documentation for the recommended hardware.
Total Price £1500 + VAT