Learn how to extend Jenkins CI and build your own plugins. You will get an instructor lead tour in the Jenkins CI object model and learn to recognize the extension points that you can use.
The course is delivered by WebEx to one of more attendees but can be delivered on premise for multiple students. Contact us for the on-premise option.
- Introduction to Plugin Development
- Motivations and Requirements
- How to Start
- Extension Points
- Project Structure
- UI and Transformation Languages
- Environment Setup
- Plugin Development in IDE
- Plugin Debugging in IDE
- Examples and Best Practices
- What type of plugins do you need to develop and what is your motivation?
- What are your experiences with Jenkins plugins?
- What do you see as potential challenge and why?
- What kind of other support would you need to be able to develop a plugin?